Dear Leadership San Ramon Valley Alumni,
We hope that you and your families are healthy and faring as best as you can during these unprecedented times. We are reaching out today to inform you about how the COVID-19 situation is affecting Leadership SRV and ask for your help in sustaining the program by making a donation.
With the Shelter-in-Place and social distancing requirements, we moved our April Regional Planning class to Zoom and managed to have a good day. Subsequently, we decided to postpone the Cultural Arts session and Graduation, until a time when we can gather in groups of 50-100, hopefully by January and February 2021.
In the meantime, with so much uncertainty on the horizon, we have decided to pause the Leadership SRV program for the coming year and will not start a new class in September. Amid all the COVID-19 concerns we held off launching the Best Class Ever alumni fundraising campaign, but now, with corporate sponsorship opportunities paused too, we need the support of our alumni to raise almost $7,300 to make ends meet for this year. In addition, we project it will cost near $22,000 to sustain the non-profit organization through June of next year. Our goal is to cover half of this amount with reserves and half with alumni donations to ensure the long-term viability of this valued program. During the coming year we will work on creating opportunities for alumni interaction, complete the remaining classes for the Class of 2020, and begin recruiting for the Class of 2021-22 in early spring.
Please support LSRV program and Donate with Paypal Now. Checks may be mailed to P.O. Box 1185, Danville, CA 94526.
We recognize that everyone’s situation is different and understand if this is the wrong time for your personal circumstances. But for those who can, please consider that this request is different than in past years. Your contribution today is critically important to sustain our community program through these uncertain times. As you know, LSRV fosters the community foundation that has allowed us to be so strong and prepared for dealing with this crisis as both professionals and as residents. Your support will allow for the continued development of community leaders, councilmembers, state legislators and perhaps even federal officials from the San Ramon Valley for decades to come. Please help us keep Leadership SRV going.
Your Leadership San Ramon Valley Board of Directors
P.S. In case this helps remind you of how valuable this program is, consider the following sampling of just a few of the many notable LSRV Alumni whose preparation included LSRV:
- Bill Clarkson: San Ramon Mayor and SRVUSD Trustee (Class of 1993)
- Carol Rowley, former San Ramon City Council Member (Class of 1994)
- Newell Arnerich: Danville Town Council Member, 4-time Mayor (Class of 1995)
- Mike Doyle, former Danville Town Council Member (Class of 1995)
- Kathy Chiverton: Executive Director, Discovery Counseling Center (Class of 1996)
- Robert Storer, Danville Town Council Member (Class of 2004)
- Dominique Yancey: Director, San Ramon Valley Fire District(Class of 2005)
- Rachel Hurd, Trustee, San Ramon Valley Unified School District (Class of 2006)
- Renee Morgan, Danville Town Council Member (Class of 2009)
- Ann Lucena: CEO, San Ramon Regional Medical Center (Class of 2013)
- Gayle Israel: Chief of Staff, Supervisor Candance Andersen’s Office (Class of 2013)
- Nadine Rosenzweig: Executive Director Elementary, San Ramon Valley USD (Class of 2014)
- Lisa Blackwell, Danville Town Council Member (Class of 2016)
- Andy Li, Trustee, Contra Costa Community College District (Class of 2016)
- Sabina Zafar: San Ramon City Council Member (Class of 2016)
- Susanna Ordway, Trustee, San Ramon Valley Unified School District (Class of 2019)